Monday 18 April 2011

Shouting salesman on Cumana

Every now and then I see the same people on the Cumana. Gypsy boy with nice trainers, homeless woman who hops on, gives us a 5 minute speech about how poor she is, collects money and hops off, and shouting salesman.

The first time I saw shouting salesman I just thought he was some loony shouting to himself. I later realised that he was trying to sell us goodies. I’ve seen him about half a dozen times now but I still have had no success in understanding what the heck he is saying, may he speaks in dialect??? Basically he gets on the train, finds a nice spot, puts his bags down, starts shouting about his products (I guess) as if he’s in a market place and then comes round to see if we will buy anything. After that he moves to the next carriage.

His 5 minute speech is not only loud but irritating. It’s like a poem. You’d think he was selling something amazing like a battery powered toaster but no, he sells lighters!

Today he reached a new low by getting down on his knees and kissing the floor.

WTF!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment