Saturday 9 April 2011

Family are coming to town

I’m picking my family up from the airport today. They will be here until Wednesday morning.

I’m really excited to see them. I haven’t seen them since the 9th January (exactly 3 months <—only just realised that). It’s going to nice having them around.

But I’m really stressing out about it.

I really don’t know Naples that well. If they had come to Marburg I would have known exactly what to do with them, where to eat, what to visit etc. Also I haven’t practiced my Italian much in public. So I am really stressing out about having to ask if there is space for 5 people in the restaurant, ordering, asking for the bill etc. This would have been a piece of cake in Marburg.

Obviously I know this will do me some good, because I will be forced to speak Italian. However I also know that my mum will be very unsympathetic and I can see an argument just waiting to happen.

Also I know that she is expecting some fabulous holiday in Naples and she will be disappointing because Naples isn’t Florence or Rome or Venice…it’s very…unique and marmite-ish.

No comments:

Post a Comment