Friday 1 April 2011

From Italy with love

About a month ago now I sent off my letters to my friends back in Germany. I originally wanted to give them them by hand on my last night in Marburg but things were so hectic that I never got the chance to write them all.

There was then another delay once I got to Italy because I could not find the post office or a post box. 3 weeks later google mapped “Poste Italia” and it turned out that the post office was behind my building. Doh!

I’ve heard bad things about the Italian post service so I was expecting the letters to take a few weeks but most of my friends received them in just 2 or 3 days. I love sending my friends letters and I am planning on sending them many more during my stay here. I get really excited when they tell that they received my letters.

P1030184e

I love the envelopes. I bought them in Germany so they say “Luftpost”. I just think they look really cool and interesting. The stamps were 60 cents each and can be bought at any newspaper stand or tobacconist’s. Supposedly a stamp to England is slightly more. (My guess would be 65 cents as that is how much it was in Germany). I am currently using some sheepworld stationary that I picked up in Ahrens in Marburg.

So CUTE! I’d love to receive a letter from myself haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment