Thursday 14 April 2011

Brightening up my day even though you are miles away ☆

Yesterday was a sad day. My parents left and I wasn’t able to even take them to the airport. Understandably I was feeling down and lonely.

When I arrived home after school I had two pieces of post waiting for me. One I was expecting, because my friend had messaged me a few days ago concerned that I hadn’t received it yet, but the other was a complete surprise.

P1030492a

 

The expected thing was a letter from my friend H in Marburg and the other was a postcard from Budapest from my friend JS. I was so happy. It incredible to know that people who I knew for such a short time in Germany care about me enough to send me things. My friends back in the UK have never done such a thing. It’s a little sad to think that I’ve met the best friends I could ever meet in Marburg, because most of them, apart from the few from England, live on the other sides of the world. Life can be a bit of a female dog sometimes can’t it.

No comments:

Post a Comment