Friday 29 April 2011

Missing the royal wedding!

Probably my biggest regret this year is missing the royal wedding.

I’ve been waiting for so long to be able to be part of one.

Hearing my parents and grandparents talk about the excitement and coming together of the nation to celebrate the matrimony of Prince Charles and Lady Diana really made me wish that I too could have the chance to witness something similar.

Of course it was just a matter of time. 2nd in line to the throne (or as I like to say 1st…I don’t think Charles will ever be king, his mother has too much life in her.) Prince William would be getting married eventually and I would be there to watch it all unfold.

I left on my year abroad with the feeling that it was all going to happen soon. I’d heard rumours that Kate was being trained up and that it was a clear sign that an engagement was soon or that they were already secretly engaged.

I was right of course because a few months into my year abroad the royal engagement was announced…as was the wedding date.

I could not believe how unlucky I was to be out of the country during the wedding!

I didn’t even get a chance to watch it live, thanks to an extra long day working at the school.

I don’t even have any British friends here to celebrate it with.

So I guess I will just have to wait 30 years for their child to get married, because lets face it Harry’s wedding is never going to be as lavish and cared about as Williams’.

No comments:

Post a Comment