Sunday 17 April 2011

Finally another night out

I haven’t been out with my friends since Carnival which was a month ago.

I had the change to go out last week but I bailed out when they changed the plan. They were originally going to be going to a Reggae/Hip hop club night but then changed it to a House themed night. I’m not a fan of House music and since there were only four of us going, two boys and two girls, I thought I’d be both awkward and dull. Plus I much prefer hanging out in bars than clubbing. You can’t really get to know people well when music is being blasted into your ear drums.

Anyway so like I was saying I finally went out last night. I went out with E&G. I met yet another group of people (seriously every time I go out I’m introduced to more and more people) who were all very friendly. In fact one of the boys did an exchange in my university town a few years ago. We went to an “American Bar” where we drank cocktails. I’ve stopped drinking again so mine was non-alcoholic, but very yummy. It was called a Miami Beach (not Bitch, as I had to explain haha). It turns out that American Bars are where you drink alcohol in contrast to an Italian bar where you drink coffee. O_o

After a few hours we left and us three joined up with another group. This time I knew most of the people. It was a collaboration of the first two groups of people I met in Italy, including E’s Brother. We drank, they smoked (in fact I’m sure at some point I could smell weed, but I didn’t want to ask), they tried to get me to sing in English, they sang California Girls and asked me to check their pronunciation, they tried to get me to sing Tranne Te.

We ended the night with a quick trip to the all night bakery.

All in all an enjoyable night.  

No comments:

Post a Comment