Sunday 13 March 2011

Bit of a recap

So tomorrow is my 25th day in Naples, not really much of a milestone but I thought I’d just let you know and its time to have a quick recap of the past few days before school again tomorrow.

School was better this week. I’ve now figured out which teachers/classes I like and don’t, which means I can now brace myself for an awful lesson and look forward to a better one. This week I was with the first class and the third class. I was a little scared of teaching the third class (these are the oldest kids in the school) because I haven’t had much to do with them so far and boys and girls around 13-16 can be very disinterested and cocky. I had a lot of fun with them though. Possibly because I’m so “young” (I hear this at least 5 times a day) they were genuinely enthusiastic about me being there. However I did manage to upset the girls by confessing that I don’t like Justin Bieber. I did consider lying to earn some more cool points with them but I just couldn’t, sorry Bieber fans.

I only had two lessons of school last week. I had two weeks off due to Carnival, but then an unexpected day off on Friday because of another Cumana strike. It was such a beautiful day so I hopped on my first Italian bus or as they call it here the “Pullman” and headed for the lovely area Vomero.

Vomero is quite a sophisticated part of Naples. The buildings are quite grand and there are a lot of good shops, cafes and bars up there. I admit I did do a cheeky bit of shopping, buying a dress, hairband and leggings. There is a department store in Vomero called Coin. It is a little cramped but has some really good stuff. I was so happy to find clothing from Yumi there. It’s one of my favourite shops. The price was a bit ridiculous though. I’ll need to save up a bit before I can justify paying 75 euros for a dress I could buy back home for £35.

Vomero is situated very high up in Italy so if you walk down the right streets you will be treated to a very beautiful view of the sea :)

P1030205

I haven’t really done much else. My friends were either ill or studying for exams this weekend so I haven’t been out with them. The weather turned from gorgeous on Saturday to dismal today. I woke up to my shutters on the window banging thanks to high speed wind and rain. Good morning to me. Anyway 8.10am start tomorrow so must get to bed. Ciao x

  

No comments:

Post a Comment