Tuesday 8 March 2011

25 Euros to get into a club!

As the title explains last night I paid 25 Euros to get into a club in Naples.

If that’s not bad enough I then had to fork out an extra 5 Euros for the cloakroom.

Robbery!

I’m not sure if this is the norm here, I hope not, as it was a special Carnival club night. But if it is then I’m happy staying at home next time thanks.

The club wasn’t that amazing. For that price you’d expect some sort of Superclub. It was in tent for a start. For half of the night they played songs that were at least 5 years old if not 10 and there was so much smoke (I’m a post smoking ban clubber).

It did have an advantage over the clubs back home though: no one was drunk. I hate trying to “get my groove on” (haha) when you are being pushed about by rowdy, sweaty, WKD fuelled men. And when they are not crushing you, they are groping you. Yes none of that last night. Aww the refreshing mature drinking culture of continental Europe you assume. No, after paying 30 Euros before even getting near the bar, no one had any money left to buy a drink let alone get plastered.

No comments:

Post a Comment