Tuesday 22 March 2011

All my best wishes to my home town

My home town is rarely in the news, well not for anything exciting any way. But this weekend it has become entered the regional news as a girl has gone missing after leaving a night club in in the early morning of Saturday night.

Although my town isn’t particularly small it is easy to describe it as incestuous. Everyone is somehow connected to someone. So it’s not surprising that I have at least four or five friends on Facebook who appear to have been good friends with this girl. The girl, Sian O’Callaghan appears to be the typical Swindon female, and it is just awful to think that something could have happened to her. I hope that someone comes forward with some information soon:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-12799196

In the meantime it is horrible reading the news about the story, as well as some other recent disappearances around the area (what is going on!?!?). Apart from the hammer attack a few years ago, which was just a stupid school boy feud, Swindon has always seemed like quite a safe place. Especially in comparison to nearby Bristol. I really hate reading and imagining what is going on. Supposedly there was an attempted abduction this lunch time with 2 men in a red van. I’m so scared and I’m a few countries away.  

I hope and pray that there is a pleasant out come and I urge everyone back home to be sensible. This is a wake up call to all of us that we are not invincible. Girls you should not be walking home alone, and girls and boys you should not be letting your friends walk home alone. Everyone stay safe and Swindon I am proud of you for how well you are pulling together in the search for Sian. Please find Sian O’Callaghan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment