Tuesday 15 March 2011

100 days left to go

I can’t believe that in 100 days time I will be home and all of this will be a memory. It’s been 196 days since I reluctantly flew to Cologne to start my year abroad. In fact this week is full of key dates. 100 days until I go home, 200 days in Europe and on Friday I’ll have spent a month in Italy.

I feel like I’ve really accomplished a lot during my time away. Not only have I been able to see and experience new things but I’ve grown up a lot. I have so many fond memories already I hope I will continue to make them during my remaining time here.

I really need to concentrate on improving my Italian and start planning for the future. I need a plan for next year. Do I want to go into teaching? If not then what. Will I be doing a masters? Do I want to study in the UK or Abroad? I’m still non the wiser. I could see myself teaching, but I feel like I need to try other things out too just in case I like them more haha.

And I must not forget the people I have met during this journey. I miss my friends in Germany very much. I’m also very jealous of the ones who have gone home for Semesterferien. I’m making more and more acquaintances here in Italy so fingers crossed I can accumulate many dear friends here too. I’m looking forward to seeing my parents next month and seeing more of Italy.

I don’t know whether to be happy that I am going home in 100 days or not. Part of me, although I miss home so much, wants to stay here longer. I think it’s true that the year abroad is one of the best things you will ever do. Despite the homesickness and stress I am eternally grateful for being forced to do a year abroad.

No comments:

Post a Comment