Monday 14 February 2011

Punctuality, Exams and Earthquakes?

Today was my first day of proper exams (I don't really class the one in January as been a real exam) and for someone who did the equivalent on 30mins revision per subject and had lost the majority of her notes I did reasonably well...I think. 

My first exam went better than expected. I'd expected it to go into a lot more depth than it did. It was really just "describe this term", "give me an example of so and so". I don't know whether I've told you before but I don't actually need to pass my exams, only take them, hence why I didn't do much revision. But I told myself that I would try my best and complete the paper to the best of my ability. What really annoyed me though was that two of the Italian Erasmus students in my class filled out the front of the paper, handed it in and walked out...LESS THAN 5 MINS INTO THE EXAM Are you kinding me? Do you have no self respect? I know it's none of my business, but their laziness really got my back up. 

I was expecting to not do well in the second exam, and I didn't but I at least managed to answer a few questions, which was more than I expected. By the looks of it though, it was a difficult paper for everyone as three quarters into the test the girls in front of me were struggling on the same questions as I was. I'd like a pass mark in it, but I'm 80% sure that I failed it. It's a shame though because I really enjoyed that class, if my assignment for my home uni had not taken up all of my time, I definately would have studied hard for that exam. 

But I have a confession to make, and it's not the first time it's happened...I showed up to uni over an hour early again! I went to the classroom, realised that that was not my class in there, frantically checked my emails on my Ipod to see if there was a room change for the exam, asked the lady at the porters' office if she knew where it was, was told to go up to the 8th floor, where the German women shouted at me to wait a minute, and almost burst into tears. So I'm outside the office cursing at the stupid university for not informing me of a room change, hating myself for missing last weeks lesson where they probably announced the room change, when I looked at my watch and realised that it was 9.15am NOT 10.15am. I felt like a right tool. But naturally I was relieved. 

So that was my day so far. 
And in other news, there was an Earthquake in Marburg today, I didn't feel anything though. 
Enjoy the rest of your day xx

4 comments:

  1. You're going to fail German if you're writing "there was an in Marburg Earthquake today"! Surely you mean "there was today in Marburg an Earthquake"!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops. But don't you mean fail English rather than German? Thanks for the tip off :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No - remember, time manner place!

    ReplyDelete
  4. But my blog is in English. I don't need to use time manner place when I am writing in English.

    ReplyDelete