Friday 25 February 2011

Feeling useless

I probably felt like this when I first moved to Germany, it was so long ago that I really don’t remember; but right now I feel utterly useless.

I can’t do the simple things that I want to do because of my problems with the language.

I’ve forgotten so much Italian, and even if I do remember it, when I need to use it I tense up and poof it’s gone. I’m ok at home with my host family, the difficulty crops up when I’m outside in public. Particularly when I want to buy something.

Oh how I long to be able  to walk into a shoe shop and not be daunted by the prospect of someone asking me if I need help or worse me needing to ask them for a shoe in my size.

I feel like my lack of language and confidence is restricting me. I want to be free to buy, go, see whatever I want.

I need to study hard. Maybe I will bring back the word of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment