Sunday 20 February 2011

No sleeping on la cumana

I took a lot of trains in Germany, I enjoyed sitting down, looking out of the window and drifting slowly off to sleep.


No chance of that in Naples!


Today I travelling with la cumana again (the train which take me to Montesanto, which is the historical part of Naples, and to the school if I travel in the other direction).


When I got on the train I noticed two gentlemen holding accordions. As the train left the platform the one of the men turned on a large speaker, I’d happened to have missed that, which blared out a backing track and they began to play along with it, VERY loudly.


No one seemed surprised or bothered by the loud playing. I, myself, was quite amused. I couldn’t help but imagine how the German’s would have reacted to this; not too well I expect.


Oh Italy you are very noisy.

No comments:

Post a Comment