Saturday 27 November 2010

Marburg b(u)y night, Christmas is on it’s way

Today Marburg hosted an event called “Marburg b(u)y night”. The event is marks the start of the Christmas season, with the opening of the Weihnachtsmarkt (Christmas market), shopping until Midnight and the illumination of the town.
P1010963
The night started with a fire dance performance. Then all of the children were invited to press the “big red button” and bam on came the lights.
P1010975
Some of the lights were really creative, and it was a lot of fun trailing around the town trying to find them.
P1010970
P1010971

 










My favourite had to be the Luftballoon (Balloons) in front of the Mensa.
P1020002
Although this is by far my favourite photo of the night. Here you can see the Christmas lights in the trees, the yellowy orange Pfarrkirche and a blue Schloss (castle). On my bus journey I saw the Schloss change from blue to pink to white to yellow to green. Wunderschön
P1020018
This was my first time in an echte deutsche Weihnachtsmarkt and although Marburg’s is very small it already knocked the socks off of the ones in England.
P1010982
We ate Bratwurst and drank Glühwein.We admired the little hands and crafts stalls and I ate some Zuckerwatte (see word of the day 26/11/10), which was very messy and sticky.
And to top it all off there was snow!!!! Yes I wandered around a German Christmas market whilst beautiful snow flakes fell elegantly from the starry sky. 
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆I couldn’t have asked for a better night ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

No comments:

Post a Comment