Wednesday 1 December 2010

I love German Advent Calendars

Happy Advent everyone. I hope you’ve all enjoyed opening that tiny window and scoffing that equally miniscule piece of chocolate. P1020352

Here you can see my beautiful Kinder Friends Calendar:

Many of my friend received advent calendars in the post from the UK, but I’m making the most of the generous selection of calendars here in Germany.

I can’t even begin to explain the variety of advent calendars in Germany. You have small ones with the usual suspects splashed across them (Hannah Montana, high school musical) then you get smallish ones from Milka, Kinder, Galaxy etc. But wait there is more, both Kinder and Milka do more than one type of calendar, they have the reasonably priced €4.99 calendars and then ones which reach the €15 mark. In the case of Milka it is a huge purple Christmas bauble, and in the case of Kinder instead of receiving a piece of chocolate each day, you receive a Kinder surprise TOY!!!

If you think the Milka one sounds extravagant then check out the A3 sized Advent calendars, some of which are made my Lindt. These ones are a lot more mature looking. They resemble paintings rather than Calendars. Talking about “mature” Advent Calendars do not forget the sexy Advent Calendar that I blogged about a few weeks back. http://survivingayearabroadineurope.blogspot.com/2010/11/effects-of-nudity-on-little-children.html

My absolute FAVOURITE advent calendars in GerP1010851many have to be the Haribo and Nimm2 ones. I’d always thought of Advent calendars are being restricted to chocolate and toys, but gummy sweets as well…wow. In fact I loved the Haribo one so much that I bought two and sent them back home for my brother and sister to enjoy. 

MMM my mouth is watering now…time to open my calendar :D

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment