Monday 13 December 2010

An eventful Tag

I didn’t have the best start today. I woke up at 11am, 4 hours after my alarm. As a result I missed my first class and had no time for breakfast or to print off the PowerPoint slides for my 2nd class.

Despite not having the slides my second class was relatively successful. I managed to understand most of it and learnt a lot. I then made my way to the library to finally activate my Ucard (a multifunctional university card which can be used to pay for food, printing etc) so that I can finally take books out of the library.

But then the woman behind the counter tells me that I need to show her some sort of official ID and that my driving licence just will not do. I have this problem a lot in Germany and it drives me (no pun intended) insane. In the UK your driving licence is as valid as your passport. Luckily after I played the “foreign card” and pleaded with her she caved in and activated my card for me.

After reserving a book and printing out the hand out from the class I missed I made my way to the bus stop to catch the number 10 bus to the train station. Two buses arrived, neither of them were the 10 and were in fact scheduled to arrive after the 10. I blamed the time table change which came into action yesterday. But then, here’s the exciting bit, a 9 seater taxi arrived and told us that the number 10 was cancelled that he was the replacement. Crazy. In England you’d just have to wait 30mins for the next one. 

I then took the train to Giessen (a city in between Marburg and Frankfurt) to try and find a Brithday/Xmas present for my boyfriend. I now have a very big whole in my pocket where the money should be.

So basically a disaster of a morning, turned into an interesting and successful afternoon. Lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment