Tuesday 21 December 2010

Will I get home in time for Christmas?

When I posted about the possibility that the snow could effect my travelling plans this thursday that was all it really was: a possibility. A few days later and I have to admit there is a high chance that I might not get home on Thursday. I went to the train station today and booked myself on an earlier train to Brussels in hope that I can check in early enough to get on my train (if my train is even running), because after watching and reading about the commotion in London and Paris yesterday I am terrified that I am going to be left either without space on the train or the train will leave without me because of the queues. 
The most frustrating thing out of all of this, apart from the fact that there is nothing I can do, is that everyone is reporting on Paris and London. The is barely any information on Bruxelles-midi. Is that a good sign? Or is it because the UK press isn't too bothered with the goings on in Belgium. Either way I am pooing my pants about Thursday. I have looked at trying to get a flight home, but there is little guarantee of the flight not being cancelled. 
I just want to get home. Even if I arrive home on the morning of the 25th I really don't care, as long as I get to spend Christmas day with my family. 
Please keep your fingers crossed for me and I will do the same for all of you who are also having difficulties getting home. Urgh out of all the years to have a white Christmas, Mother Nature just has to choose this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment