Saturday 4 June 2011

Rude Neapolitans, Delightful Staff, Rome tomorrow and hitting 5000.

This is post will be a bit of a mix match of this and that but here we go.

Today I was close to tears after some b*tch yelled at me. I went to the ticket desk of the Cumana station to buy four day tickets for my boyfriend who is coming tomorrow (more about that in a sec!). She didn’t even properly acknowledge me and just carried on her speaker phone conversation. She said 14.40euro but for some reason my brain heard 14 but processed it into 4. So I put down a 5 euro note and 40 cents (cos I thought I’d be nice), next thing I know she turns to me and literally yelled “Quattordici!!!!!”. This is the first time I’d been out of the house since Monday and really wasn’t in the mood to see people and this woman just mad things worse. I felt like such a foreigner.

But then on the way home I decided to stop in a few shops to buy a new bag and a few other unnecessary items. The woman in the bag shop came over and asked me if I needed help. I actually did for once, but was a bit intimidated after what had happened a few hours before. However this woman was lovely. She went out back and got me the bag I wanted in black and in the brand new colour that hasn’t been put on the shelves yet. She was so friendly and so smiley. Probably the nicest shop assistant I’ve met this year. I left the shop in a good mood.

I then went into Yama May and the girl in there was just as nice. To be honest I expected her to be rude. She was only about 19 and just had that stuck up, I don’t wanna be here type face. But like I said I was totally wrong. She was really nice about me not knowing what size I was…weird Italian sizes…and gave me advice and even tried to find me alternatives just in case I might like them more.

I’m off to Rome tomorrow (technically today…must get to bed!). I’m meeting my boyfriend at the airport in Rome and then we will be there until Tuesday. I really can’t wait. It’ll be our four year anniversary on Monday. I can’t believe it. I’m so excited and jittery.

And while I’ll be away from my blog, I’m set to reach the 5000 views mark. 0.0 Crazy. I thought I’d add a little view counter to my blog to show this off…because I’m so modest and all.

So that was my wee ramble. Ci vediamo presto, ok ;) Expect many exciting and looooong posts all about my escapades in the following few days. Arriverderci ragazzi.

No comments:

Post a Comment