Saturday 11 June 2011

Feeling melancholy and going home in two weeks

My body feels so heavy today. Part of this is physical as I have done a lot this past week, but part of it is mental. My boyfriend left today and yes as usually I feel a little tender. It’s a different feeling to the times before though. I didn’t cry this time and even now I don’t feel sad; just lonely. In exactly two weeks time I will be home. I will have mad the exact same journey that I made this morning only it will be me who gets on that plane. I don’t need to be miss him because I will see him again in no time at all, I just miss his company right now.

It’s crazy to think that I only have two weeks left. My boyfriend was here exactly a week and it flew past. Granted we did a lot, everyday was packed full of sight seeing, walking, photo taking, eating from sunrise to way after sunset, but I’m pretty sure these two weeks will go just as fast.

I’m excited to go home. I realised this week, with all our travelling, just how over Naples I am. There isn’t much to see or do. I’m sick of the smell, the dirt, the noise. I just want to be home in my quiet little suburb. I know I’ll be sad to leave though. Maybe not because I’m leaving Naples, but because it marks the end of my year abroad. That will take a lot of getting used to. Where has the time gone? How did I get here so quickly. It feels like just a few months ago I was writing my first few posts about how scared I was and how I was dreading this year. In just a few weeks I’ll be making the mirror of those posts. I’ll be looking back on my time instead of looking at the present and future.

So yes today is a melancholy day. A day of loneliness and the inevitable end of probably the best year of my life.

Now to get writing about my hectic week.

No comments:

Post a Comment