Wednesday 22 June 2011

The girl who lives here is CRAZY

You may recall me talking about a mystery girl who moved in with her dog and cat. Yes well a few weeks on I’m still non the wiser as to why she is here but I have noticed that she is a little…OCD.

We share a bathroom, something which I am most upset about, I miss having such a large, beautiful bathroom all to myself…wahhhhh, and I’ve noticed that she loves to clean it. She also loves to clean her bedroom. It makes me feel bad for never actually cleaning while I’ve been here. In all fairness I did ask at the beginning, but my host mum was adamant that I didn’t need to lift a finger.

ANYWAY getting back on track, today mystery girl’s dog found a cockroach in her bedroom. Well let me tell you it was the most hilarious, over dramatic scene ever. She comes running into the bathroom clutching her dog, despite the fact that I am in there (luckily I am just doing my hair). She’s all hysterical and I go out to see what the fuss is about. Host mum has killed the cockroach but girl is still refusing to leave the bathroom. The next thing I know the room is being fumigated with anti-bug spray and all of the furniture, including the bed, is in the hallway. My host mum was on her hands and knees scrubbing the floor, sweeping the mattress, the bedding was put in the washing machine, the dogs bed and toys were bathed in disinfectant and left in the bath tub. Seriously it was just a cockroach.

God knows I have my fair share of freak outs when I see 8 legged mini monsters, I refused to open my window in Germany for fear of them and ended up with a bill of over 100euro because of the mould that had grown thanks to poor room circulation. But this is too much. Seriously get a grip woman.

Worst thing is my host mum hurt her back from this and spent pretty much the rest of the day in bed.  :(

1 comment: