Monday 20 June 2011

Death finally caught up with me

So many people have been affected by death this year.
I blogged ages ago about how it was starting to affect me and how I was afraid of that day that someone that I care about passes away.
Today, after a day at the beach I was all ready to blog about hairy armpits, speedoes and the absence of one pieces in Naples when someone’s status on Facebook caught my eye.
It was an ex-colleague who had written an RIP message. I assumed it would be for Ryan Dunn from Jackass, there were a few of those statues on my news feed, but this one stood out as being different. I read the name and assumed it was some sick joke. I even, for a moment, thought that he must know someone else with that name, but that was stupid of me since her name is so unique.
I read the comments underneath and her wall and it was true. A woman who had been so supportive to me and a real friend had died alone in her house in Taiwan. She’d gone back to Taiwan last year after a fall out with our boss. It was only supposed to be temporary and she was planning on returning to the UK soon to continue with her studies. She was a remarkable woman. She was caring, fun loving and very unique. Although she was old enough to be my mum she was extremely young at heart and was more like an older sister. We’d kept in contact during this year and I hoped to see her again soon.
She was unlucky with love and had never married, nor did she have any children. I can’t believe she’s been taken from this world in what has been described as an “accident”. I don’t know what the cause of death was, and I don’t know if I want to. All I know is that it is going to take a long time for me to understand that she is gone.
This is all probably sounds so stupid in comparison to the deaths that have affected my friends this year but like I said I had been lucky so far to have never have a friend or family member die (ok that’s a lie my Nanny died, but it was so long ago and I was only 7 so it didn’t affect me).
Life is so short and so cruel. I just hope she didn’t suffer. RIP my friend, I’ll keep you live in my heart.  

No comments:

Post a Comment