Friday 3 June 2011

Che manicomio

I don’t understand what is going on. It makes me feel really uncomfortable and makes me glad that I’m going to be out of the house for a week from tomorrow.

Basically yesterday while my host mum was out shopping this girl (about a few years older than me) and her younger brother showed up at the door with a whole load of bags. She asked if my host mum was out and I said yes and that I didn’t know when she’d be back. The girl dumped the backs in the living room and then said she’d come back later.

About a quarter of an hour later my host mum arrives with the girl and boy. She explains to me that the girl is the older sister of her son’s best friend (I hadn’t ever had a good look at the boy before, that’s why I didn’t recognise him). She then told me something else but she said it all so fast and I wasn’t really listening.

Next thing I know the girl goes out and comes back with more stuff, and then more stuff, and then brings a cat and then a dog. My host mum makes a bed for her in the study and puts the girl’s dressing gown and toiletries in my bathroom.

I really don’t understand what is going on and I feel foolish to ask. I don’t know if she is just here for a few days or if she is actually moving in permanently. I hope it’s the former since I really feel uncomfortable at the moment especially having to share my bathroom with her. I loved being able to do as I please in there, take as long as I like, make it as disorganised as possible. It sounds awful but I will be gutted if she is still here when I return next Saturday. I just can’t seem to enjoy myself since she moved in, I think it’s down to my “single child syndrome” (as my housemates at uni used to put it). Having been a single child for nine years I still hate sharing. Also I hate the idea that I’m being replaced before I’ve even left the house.

Ah well we’ll just have to wait and see.  

No comments:

Post a Comment