Thursday 17 February 2011

The time has come to say goodbye

I’m moving out of halls today (still need to pack ahhh!) and I don’t know when my next blog post will be, so I thought it’s best to try and round things up tonight.

It’s been a stressful week. Exams and Hausarbeit to do, the room to clean, packages to send home and being kicked out of my room by the Wirtschafterin and the Maler, because the mould in my room was as he called it “Rote Karte! Rote Karte” (which from what I can gather means its rather bad). Anyway he made my room super cold and there is still a lot of chlorine in the air from whatever chemicals he was using and I woke up ill from it all. Thank you Maler, thank you.

Tonight will be a time for saying farewell to my friends here in Marburg. I already said goodbye to one of my friends from South Korea, sadly he can’t make it tonight. I’m looking forward to seeing all my friends again all at once, but I wish it was under better circumstances. I will miss them all so very very much.

I will miss Germany too. I really feel at home here. When I first arrived here on the 31st August I hated it and wanted it to be over with quickly, now I wish I could rewind back to that day. I’ve been very lucky here. I’ve met amazing people and been able to partake in so many activities that I’d never have done back in the UK. I’ve travelled so much. The only place that I wasn’t able to visit was the east part of Germany. I went to the opening of Karneval, I saw Sebastian Vettel’s homecoming, I saw him and Michael Schumacher race in ROC and I watched the German national football team play against Italy.

I’ve really become adapted to life here in Germany. Granted some things still drive me crazy, but there are a lot of positive aspects to this country and I am proud to say that I have lived, survived and loved here. I hope that my experience in Italy can be just as good. I’ve learnt in the last 6 months that change is not necessarily a bad thing so I will try my best to take everyday as it comes in Italy and make the most of it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment