Saturday 19 February 2011

My Abschiedsparty and a tearful farewell

As I posted earlier the 17th was my last day in Germany. Me and my closest friends went for a meal and then to Schwarz Weiss (the student bar) to say goodbye to those who couldn’t make it to the meal.
The meal wasn’t anything special. We went to Cafe 1900 and I had a Reizauflauf for the first time. It was good. Although I think my favourite is still Nudelauflauf. The waitress was funny though. She kept pretending that she couldn’t understand our German so that she could practise her English. We found it a little offensive though and she wasn’t very helpful or friendly either.
Schwarz Weiss was nice and relaxing. We played uno toy story edition “Alien!” and a game where you have to try and blow some cards off of a bottle, but you can’t blow them all off.
Saying goodbye to people was hard. I cried, they cried, we all had a group hug. J and K came to the airport with me this morning. None of it felt real. I felt like I was just going away for a week. There were again more tears and a failed excuse for a goodbye speech and then off I went on the aeroplane.
I wasn’t even afraid on the aeroplane. All I was concerned about of leaving my friends behind. But as they told me, the distance between America and England, and Japan and England is so much further than Germany and Italy.
I hope they can visit soon. I miss them so much

No comments:

Post a Comment