Friday 4 February 2011

Happy belated 21st to me

A week ago today (Friday 28th January) was my 21st birthday. I wasn’t looking forward to it because 1. I hate the thought of getting older, and while I stopped being a teenager last year, I could say I had finished my teens, now all I can say is that I’m properly in my twenties :S 2. Twenty-one is a big deal, an important birthday, and I really wanted to be able to celebrate it with my family.

So when I woke up on Friday morning I had a little cry. I opened my cards and presents that I had brought back with me from the UK and my mum had bought me a special 21st birthday photo album. I looked the the photo album for a long time. I hadn’t planned any sort of celebration. I didn’t feel like celebrating. But how could I leave such a book empty. It was then that I decided that I needed to do something, even if it was just have a night down the pub with some friends. I got out my phone, texted a few people, told them the place, Desperados, the time, 21:30 and went to class.

After the class me and my boyfriend had Döner for lunch, which we ate at the bus stop (inside joke, it had to be eaten there), we went to H&M to buy something to wear for the evening (like I said I hadn’t planned on doing anything special so I hadn’t bought anything nice back from the UK to wear) and then we went to get cake.
I’m not sure whether the German’s do birthday cake or not. But I thought it’d be a waste to buy a whole one so we went to Cafe Vetter for some posh cake and hot chocolate.
P1020826
My “Birthday” Cake

(Also in the cafe we came across a man who was dressed like a burglar.)

After skyping with my family (my sister asked me if it had been the “best birthday ever!” bless here) me and the boyfriend went for a quite and cheap dinner and made our way to desperado. Everyone I had invited except for two came. It was such a relaxing night. I had a lot of fun. Being around the friends who love me was just what I needed. I received some great presents, but it is the messages that they put in my cards that I will cherish the most. I really have the best friends here in Marburg that I could of wished for. I really wish I didn’t have to leave so soon. I will do my best to keep in contact with all of them. They really helped make my 21st birthday special.



P1020848 
My Birthday Presents
(yes that is a fake postcard from Justin Bieber wishing me a happy bday, it is another inside joke)



P1020857
Birthday Biscuits baked by H, who sadly couldn’t make it. Yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment