Monday 15 November 2010

Sebastian Vettel is world champion, motorsport history is made for Germany.

 

Today was a very exciting day today in the world of motorsport. 23 year old German Sebastian Vettel not only became Formula one world champion for the first time in his short career, but also became the youngest Formula one world champion in the history of the sport.

So why am I blogging about this?

Reason number 1.

I feel really privileged to be in Germany while this is happening. Me P1010842and my friend went down to a bar to watch the race and I loved being able to support Vettel along side Germans who really appreciated the win. I was really soaking up some German culture whilst watching the race. Also it was amazing watching him being interviewed in his mother tongue. I’d never heard him speak German before. 

Reason number 2

A pretty simple answer really; I like formula one. Its exciting, its unpredictable (especially P1010846this season). I really love Vettel, but being British I do normally back Hamilton, who I like equally as much, over the German. Yet being in Germany I felt I should be German and support Vettel. I knew that it was only a matter of time before he became world champion but I really thought that he would have it snatched away from him by Alonso. The last few laps were so tense. There was nail biting, gasping, eye closing. I was ecstatic about the result. 

Reason number 3

Me and my friend are going to watch the “Race of Champions” in Dusseldorf (www.raceofchampions.com) at the end of the month and Vettel is going to be there (along with Michael Schumacher). I’m over the moon that I’m goiP1010848ng to be watching the “Formula one World Champion” up close. I’m so excited. That weekend is going to be immense. 

No comments:

Post a Comment