Wednesday 17 November 2010

Guess whose got a ticket to see Germany vs. Italy football match (plus why I’m a little annoyed)

I bought tickets to see my first ever football game today :D  I was sat in the library, daydreaming of Sebastian Vettel when my American friend came up to me and asked me if I had checked my Facebook profile yet? I hadn’t. I turns out she has posted about an hour before a comment, in which she told me about the up and coming Germany vs. Italy game in Dortmund and that WE MUST GO. I love watching DFB-Elf_ddp_Torsten_Silzthe football here in Germany so I was equally as excited about going.


The tickets were only €35 and are really close to the pitch. We are only 5 rows back. There are four of us going and as it is on the 9th February I think it will be a good way to end my time here in Germany as the following week I will be departing for Italy. I really want it to be as memorable as possible so I’m going to save up some money and buy myself a Germany football shirt so I can be a really Germany supporter.


So why am I annoyed? Well in our excitement my friend hurriedly booked us four tickets coming to €148 (including the postage and booking fee) but the website wouldn’t accept her Visa. I came to the rescue with my Caxton card, although I needed to load it first with my last bit of money left in my English account (I’m running a little low on funds at the moment as I am waiting in long anticipation for my Erasmus grant). She promised she and the other girls would pay me straight back. Well we booked the tickets, high fived each other and then “AHHHHHH!”. We booked seats in the Away fan area! We were going to be sat with the Italian supporters!!! She saying “don’t worry about it, you can sell them, let’s just buy some more”. All I could think was that it was easy for her to say, she wasn’t the one who had just wasted €148 that she really could have done with. I'm not really mad at her though. I'm mad at myself. It was my money so it was my responsibility to double check. 


Well we’ve bought some more tickets, obviously, using one of the other girls’ card and fingers crossed we should be able to sell the tickets but until then I have a nice hole in my purse where the money should be.
Despite all that it’s been a good day and I’m very very very excited to see Schweinsteiger, Özil, Müller, Lahm, Poldolski and co. With two of the greatest teams in the world head to head, It’s bound to be a good game.

No comments:

Post a Comment