Wednesday 3 November 2010

I hate delays

 

Last week one of my friends surprised me by buying plane and train tickets to come and visit me in Marburg. He was due to fly in yesterday at around 8pm, then he was going to catch a train from Cologne to  Frankfurt (yep he took the cheaper but longer option as I did 2 months back) and I would meet him at Frankfurt so we could travel back to Marburg together. I should have been meeting him in Frankfurt Hauptbahnhof at 00.17 on Wednesday morning, but instead I ended up meeting him at Marburg Hauptbahnhof at 7.50 this morning. Why? Because his plane was delayed by 4 hours! This resulted in him missing not only his train, but all of the trains running from Cologne to Frankfurt on Tuesday night. I wasn’t happy. He wasn’t happy. I’ve lost 7 precious hours with him. Our day today was wasted because he needed to sleep. I’m so angry, but grateful that he is here. We managed to go and have a nice dinner, we had Auflauf (a German version of pasta/potato bake) and now he has crashed out on my bed. He looked very cute when he sleeps.

No comments:

Post a Comment