Thursday 5 May 2011

“That is Buckingham Palace”–“No, it’s not”

I’m coming to the end of my tether with ignorant English teachers. I’ve come to the point where I want to fire them. If I only had such power.

I know this is harsh and who am I to talk; I’m a mere language assistant. Maybe so, but how can you call yourself an English teacher when you prove lesson after lesson your incompetence, cluelessness and disinterest in the language and culture that you are teaching.

The trigger of all this anger:

Teacher – “Who knows which building this is next to Big Ben?”

Pupil – “Buckingham Palace”

Teacher – “Yes, that’s right”

URRGGGGGGHHHHH.

When I corrected her, she replied “but Buckingham Palace right behind Big Ben, you just can’t see it from this photo, right?”.

Mamma mia!!!!! 

2 comments:

  1. That's fantastic! You have to update us with more mishaps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not white and even I know that's Houses of Parliament!

    ReplyDelete