Thursday 27 January 2011

My Laptop is getting there (hopefully) and recap of my week

It's been over a week now since my laptop decided to die on me. Surprisingly I haven't missed it too much. I've been fortunately quite busy this week so I haven't had much time to waste trolling around on the internet. 
I've really missed blogging though :(


I've managed to get it work to some extent now, so I'm hoping by tomorrow everything will be loaded back on.


This weekend of the second part of my lost weekend saga. The content of this weekend's block seminar was more useful than last week's, but the long days took there toll on me and I really could not be bothered with them. Nevertheless, being the goody-two-shoes that I am, I didn't skip class. I did observe some randomness that I feel are blog worthy. 
a. On Saturday I chose the vegetarian option at the Mensa for lunch. It was a plate of vegetables! The cheek of it. To make things worse, it wasn't even a god selection of veg, I had a plate consisting of cauliflower and potatoes. 
b. The toilets adjacent to our classroom were out of order so we had to use the ones on the floor above. There were only two cubicles but one was permanently locked with a large sign on the door saying "Personal". Now I don't know if this means that someone has bagged the cubicle for themselves and won't share, or if the university think that it should be used by staff only (Personal can also mean Personnel), but I did find it funny. 


I haven't made much progress work-wise this week. My boyfriend came to visit for a week on Sunday so I'm trying my best to keep him entertained. We went to Dusseldorf yesterday which was nice. I'm really going to need to pick up the pace next week though. The deadlines and my departure are getting very very close. 


Tomorrow is my 21st Birthday and I don't really feel like doing my celebrating. I think being away from my family for such a special day is really putting a downer on it. I'm hoping I can fit in a skyping session with my parents at some point during the day and me and my Boyfriend are going to go to a very nice cafe in Marburg for some fancy cake. 


So next type I blog I will be a whole year older and a whole lot wiser. 

No comments:

Post a Comment