Monday 17 January 2011

Baskets not Bags

One thing that always makes me say "awwww" in my head, is when I'm out and about in town and I see someone, man or woman, carrying a little wicker basket.
It's something that I've never seen at home. It's rare enough to see people with their own carrier bags, let alone carrying a basket or Korb as they call them here.
They are just so sweet. They always remind me of fairytales like Little Red Riding Hood. I really had no idea that people actually use such things. Marburg is by no means an urban jungle like Frankfurt, but it is also no traditional, sound of music style utopia like Baveria and Austria. 
I'm really tempted to buy one and use it to collect my green clubcard points next time I'm in Tesco. In fact I think it'd look great with my Dirndl. :)

Oh Gott, I just google Körbchen to find an image of a basket but ended up with a page of breasts...supposidly Körbchen not only means small basket but also a woman's cupsize. You have been warned.  

No comments:

Post a Comment