Wednesday 8 December 2010

Referat done…mmmm cake

Yesterday morning I had my first ever Referat (academic presentation). I’d started doing the reading for it weeks ago and then writing the thing took a week so I was so relieved when it was over.
It didn’t go to bad either. I fine out what the Professor thought on Thursday, but the class appeared to understand what I said and their only questions were about religious terms such as the Eucharist  and Transubstantiation. I basically went up and presented it with the opinion that I was foreign and they knew I was foreign so I should just try my best and that is all I can do. If only I could tell myself that when I do presentations back home.
P1020436Afterwards, as a treat to myself me and my friend went to get pizza and then cake. I do love German cake cafes, they have such an air of sophistication, and obviously the cakes are delicious. Hopefully one day I’ll be able to go to Vienna for Kaffee and Kuchen. .  
Today I’m treating myself further by travelling up to Göttingen to visit my friend from my home uni. Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment