Thursday 16 December 2010

Random trip to Bad König

A few weeks back, if I remember rightly it was on the way to Cologne for the start of Karneval, I spotted a place called Bad König on the map of Hessen. I decided that the name was hilarious and thus I needed to go visit it asap.

P1020619 - CopyWhat’s in the name?  

Its only really funny if you see it in both an English and German way. Bad in German means bath, however I ignore this fact and keep the English meaning. König means King. So in my mind I like to believe that the place is called “Bad king”. Dorky I know, but it keeps me entertained.

So today me and my friend J went to visit Bad König. We posed “bad” in front of the sign for photos, bought a postcard, had a short walk around, realised that most of the shops were not open/there wasn’t anything to see really anyway, and then hopped onto a train to Darmstadt.

Random day, but a busy one at least. 

No comments:

Post a Comment