Monday 6 December 2010

Fröhlicher Nikolaustag, Happy St. Nicholas Day

Sorry for the lack of posts the last few days. I've got an important presentation tomorrow morning so it's kind of taking over my life at the moment. But I thought I would take quick break and say "frölicher Nikolaustag". 

For those of you who haven't got a clue what I'm talking about, my boyfriend included, this morning lots of children all over Germany and some other parts of Europe woke up to find their shoes filled with presents. On the night of the 5th December children are expected to polish their shoes and leave them outside their door for St. Nick to fill with presents. Fruits, Chocolate, maybe a new mobile phone if you've been reeeeaaaalllly good this year will be there waiting for you in the morning. Naughty boys and girls get a whipping from St. Nicks friend Knecht Ruprecht. Ouch.


Unfortunately St. Nick was unable to get into my building last night, but he left a yummy Lindt chocolate Father Christmas in my friend's shoe for me. Danke. 


now back to this presentation :(

No comments:

Post a Comment