Friday 17 December 2010

PDAs: Get a room!

I’m not sure whether this is a German thing or a continental thing, I don’t know whether it’s to do with my conservative British upbringing or my subconscious wish that I could do the same, but public displays of affection are really getting on my last nerve!
Nowhere in Germany is safe from them. The train ride back to Marburg after a weekend away, the bus stop on the way to uni, the bread aisle in REWE, the reading area in the history library, the dinning area in the mensa. Everywhere I go, everywhere I look there is at least one couple groping one another, with their tongues truly lodged down each other’s throat. It’s not even as if they are trying to be private about it, they are in FULL VIEW of everyone.
I personally feel like people should have grown out of this hot and horny phase by now. I understand to an extent a couple of teenagers acting like this. They’re young, the live at home with mum and dad, they’re underage. They have nowhere else and no other way to relieve themselves of their built up sexual frustration. But at 20-25 years of age you can copulate freely in the privacy of your own bed!
I’m not suggesting that I’ve seen people having sex in the middle of the street. That would warrant a complaint to the Polizei, I’m sure. I’ve just seen a lot of things that seem to be on the boarder of making out and foreplay. The sounds, the movements, the VIEW! It’s not what I want to see while I’m trying to eat my lunch.
I really cannot wait to go back to frigid ol’  England, where only the brave couples walk hand in hand, and the really ambitious have a quick peck when no one is looking.  

No comments:

Post a Comment