Friday 29 October 2010

An unusual series of events involving cat ears

 

I went to Frankfurt today with one of my Taiwanese friends to buy a costume for the Halloween party tomorrow. Like most girls my age I didn’t want to go totally scary, so I settled for something a bit more cute/sexy: a black cat.

So I bought myself some cat ears from Claire’s Accessories and then went off to some other shops to find some black clothes. In the meanwhile I managed to lose my friend. I searched for her for about 10mins in Zara but she was nowhere to be found. I rang her, no answer. So I decided to carry on shopping. A few stores down I found a black skirt and went to try it on in the changing rooms. It looked good, tried on the cat ears with it, still looked good, took of the skirt, got changed and went to pay for the skirt.

Have you noticed yet?

So i pay for the skirt, I leave the shop, try to phone my friend, still no answer. I walk down the busy shopping street and get stopped by two girls around the ages of 18-20. “Where did you buy those?” they say. “Huh? Sorry?” I answer. Then one of the girls pulls something off of my head. I assume its my hairband that I was wearing that day…it was the cat ears with the label still on!

I could have died of embarrassment there and then.

To my surprise the girls were really nice. One of them took the label off for me and asked where the shop was and how much they were. They then asked me where I was from and we exchanged mobile numbers. We talked for about 15mins and they were really keen on meeting up again. They want to improve their English and would love to help me improve my German. Its crazy but I guess you could say that cat ears are a real icebreaker in Germany.

No comments:

Post a Comment