Sunday 17 October 2010

So much pressure

I start proper university lesson tomorrow and I am very very nervous. I’ve signed up to do Geschichte der Sprachkontakte des Deutschen, Neurokognition des Sprachverstehens, Englische Geschichte im 16. Jahrhundert, Frankfurt im Mittelalter and Wissenschaftliche Schreiben. In most of those classes I will be alone, which obviously means I need to make more new friends. I know that this is a good thing and that finally I will have the chance make some real German friends but it is also very daunting.

I was hoping to have an early night, as a way of relaxing myself before the BIG DAY, but instead I am on Skype with my boyfriend who is having a hard time at the moment coming to the terms with the fact that he’s not going to see me for a long time. This upsets me because I feel really responsible for his unhappiness. It is me who has left him, me who is having the good time, me who is always too busy to talk to him. I find it hard to tell him this. I just keep getting angry and making things worse. I think its because my mind is so preoccupied with worrying about tomorrow. I feel so selfish and I just want him to know that I love him so much. I’m hoping everything will be better in the morning. Wish me luck for my first week of lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment