Tuesday 19 October 2010

Keyboard Issues

I'm in the university library at the moment, after my second day of classes (which went well thank you) and I am having serious issues getting my head around this German keyboard. I feel ridiciously incompetent. I keep typing "z" instead of "y" because the Germans use a Qwertz keyboard rather than a Qwerty, and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to use the "@" key (I've had to resort to copying and pasting it from an email address I found on the university website.
Oh wow the stupid computer has finally realised that I am typing in English and not German. The red swiggly lines were really starting to annoy me.
Also I don't feel too good today. I don't know whether it's down to another night of insufficient sleep or whether I am coming down with something. I'm praying that it's the former. My mum wants me to search for a Pension in Marburg for her and my siblings to stay in when they come and visit in December and I really am not in the mood to do it. But I can't really complain because it's not as if she can do it herself since she can't speak a word of German. At least I have a free day to look forward to tomorrow and most likely a lie in.

No comments:

Post a Comment