Tuesday 17 August 2010

Introduction to me

Hi, I thought I would take this opportunity to introduce myself. I’m Travelling Girl, a 20 year old student from the UK about to embark on her year abroad. I study modern languages at university and it is compulsory for me and my fellow students to spend our 3rd year in a country of our choice. Is this an amazing once in a lifetime opportunity or am i about to be pushed head first into the dark abyss of foreign culture ? I’m torn between the two. I realise how privileged I am to be able to spend a year in Europe; it’s something that many people dream of doing,  however I’m not an independent character; in fact I’m far from it. I’m the type of type of girl who needs someone to hold her hand to do EVERYTHING. So am I excited? If I am then any feelings of excitement are being suffocated by intense fear. This is why I am starting this blog. It will be my chance to comfort (I hope) other lone-travelling virgins. I’m going to share the low points and the high points of my journey and a few random facts that I learn along the way. Hopefully this time next year the not so independent Travelling Girl will have transformed into the ultimate travelling machine.  

No comments:

Post a Comment