Sunday 22 August 2010

The biggest backpack ever!?

My new backpack arrived today. I’d been carrying around the same backpack since I was 15 years old. It was a khaki coloured Roxy bag. It had served me well as a school bag and then later as a travelling bag. However during one of my many trips to Germany I broke the zip on the front pocket and although I’ve managed to put up with it, I’ve decided that this year a fully functioning  front compartment will be a necessity. Choosing a new backpack proved to be harder than I had thought. I wanted a backpack that was both practical and fashionable. This wouldn’t have been such a challenge if I lived in a country like Japan, where pretty dresses are often accompanied by the wearing of a backpack. Unfortunately in the UK backpacks are usually reserved for school children, males or the aptly named “backpackers”. I found many suitable backpacks online, yet unsurprisingly they all needed to be shipped over from Asia.  
Finally I found a suitable bag from a company based in Yorkshire. It’s the “Eastpack Hokkaido Backpack”, in navy blue and pink. It was a little pricier than I would have preferred but c’est la vie. So I unwrap the bag, happy with what i see, but then I put it on. I’m relatively petit and this bag looks huge in comparison to my 5ft4 (approx 162cm) frame. I resemble some sort of human turtle. Nonetheless I love the bag and am happy to have another item to cross off of my “must buy” list. 

1 comment:

  1. lol, you sound very excited for your trip! I have the same issue with a backpack I own, it is HUGE - but I love it because it's practical.

    Thanks for sending me your blog url. I've followed you, please follow me back http://stu-dentdiaries.com

    ReplyDelete