Friday 27 August 2010

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

I was having a lovely day today, spending some quality time with my parents in London, until I came home and checked my emails.

To begin to describe the situation a little background information is probably necessary.

My year abroad is in two parts. The first five months are being spent in Germany and then during the following few months I will be a language assistant in Italy. I thought everything was sorted out. I thought all of the dates were fine, nothing clashed, all of the minimum time requirements were met but then I realised that I wrong…very very wrong.

To cut a long story short, I thought that I was ending my Italian placement in July but now I have found out that it will end no later than the beginning of June (Giugno means June not July duh) . This gives me a 12 week placement; my university requires that I am active in Italy for at least 18 weeks. If I do not meet my university year abroad requirements then I will not pass into the final year! As if that is not bad enough, if I do not partake in a placement running for at least 13 weeks (excluding school holidays) then I will be dropped from the teaching program, thus I will be active for 0 weeks. 

I do not need this type of stress a few days before I fly of to Germany. Please God help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment